Wallace Martin, MD, FACS
Wallace Martin, MD, has a simple approach to medical care: he treats patients like family. A family demands the best treatment for their relatives, and that’s how Dr. Martin serves the Gwinnett County community every day with his surgical expertise at Northside Gwinnett Surgical Associates.
Dr. Martin, who grew up in Lawrenceville, specializes in laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic hernia repair, repair of groin (inguinal) and abdominal wall hernias, removal of soft tissue masses, and thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
He pioneered the laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gall bladder surgery) procedure more than 25 years ago and has performed the procedure thousands of time. He focuses on avoiding surgical complications so that patients don’t face infections, bleeding or wound issues. His peers have voted him multiple times as one of the top general surgeons in the Atlanta area via Atlanta Magazine.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
- Residency, General Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine
- Fellowship, Thoracic Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified, General Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons